I spent couple of time to review these two papters. Both of them refreshed my concept toward to educational technology. In the Minds on Fire, I found a lot of advantage of distance education and I also relized that the tredency of educutaion in 21th centry is educational technology, because it can meet the needs of high-speed innovation. As it is mentioned in the Paper, people in 21th centry may not only work in one job. With the develpment of society, some new fileds and jobs will come up and some will die. Therefore, they should have the ability of longlife learning. No longer will the traditional learning system meet people. They may learn outside of school from social learning. Wiki, Blog and Facebook defenitely help them learn in the new age.
As an educator, we also should change our traditional opinion and use new technology to facilitate our teaching. I agree one sentence in The Chapter9:Can technology improve learning? The key point is whether the new technology be used approprately. Learn to integrate technology into teaching is an art. It needs the familiarity of technology and teaching, and user also has to know what kinds of technologies fit to what kinds of students. All of these are what I want to learn in the course.
Congratulations--now you need to post some thoughts!
ReplyDeleteMinds on Fire
ReplyDeleteI spent couple of time to review these two papters. Both of them refreshed my concept toward to educational technology. In the Minds on Fire, I found a lot of advantage of distance education and I also relized that the tredency of educutaion in 21th centry is educational technology, because it can meet the needs of high-speed innovation. As it is mentioned in the Paper, people in 21th centry may not only work in one job. With the develpment of society, some new fileds and jobs will come up and some will die. Therefore, they should have the ability of longlife learning. No longer will the traditional learning system meet people. They may learn outside of school from social learning. Wiki, Blog and Facebook defenitely help them learn in the new age.
As an educator, we also should change our traditional opinion and use new technology to facilitate our teaching. I agree one sentence in The Chapter9:Can technology improve learning? The key point is whether the new technology be used approprately. Learn to integrate technology into teaching is an art. It needs the familiarity of technology and teaching, and user also has to know what kinds of technologies fit to what kinds of students. All of these are what I want to learn in the course.